Local Unit & Position Description
We are at the beginning of a crucial transformation. Climate change is one of the biggest challenges of our times.
At GreenPowerMonitor, a DNV company we combine knowledge, expertise, and innovative data-driven digital solutions as our response to enable our customers to tackle the energy transition.
Our purpose is to provide data-driven digital solutions to maximize the performance of renewable energy assets, optimize efficiency in the management of renewable energy portfolios and contribute to have the greenest energy mix in the grid.
With more than 20 years’ experience, we have consolidated our position as the independent leaders in management, monitoring and control of renewable energy plants.
Learn more at [ Link removed ]
If you really want to make a real impact, if you want to support companies to speed up the energy transition, come and join us!
We are looking for a Scada Project Manager, a talented and proactive person who will join our team as Project Team Member.
The position will belong to Project Execution Section. The person in this role will be reporting to US Team Lead.
This position can be based out of any of our DNV offices within the Continental U.S. preferably in our DNV office in Austin, TX office.
What You’ll Do
- Managing the SCADA Software Projects since the moment the Purchase Order is received until the project is completely delivered and accepted by the customer
- Improving the performance of the data acquisition system to ensure the maximum quality and availability
- R&D on Control/Automation processes for wind and solar plants
- Integration of data with Utility and other 3rd Parties (thru FTP/API/OPC, others)
- Analysis of photovoltaic and wind projects to monitor all the variables needed and validate the data
- Managing the schedules for deliveries
- Managing the internal teams working on the SCADA and Control System
- Managing the configuration of the software to get the best value of the data
- Assistance with general group activities
- Occasional travel of a short-term nature
- Technical report writing, critical reviewing and professional presentation to clients
- Manage of the resources of the Project
- Manage and control Costs and Invoicing of the project
What Is Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a pressurized Project environment to deliver high quality work
- Demonstrable ability to manage projects on time and within budget
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports in English and interact with customers
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities
- Customer focus and business development experience
- Demonstrable Experiences in Renewable Plants will be considered
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What Is Preferred
- Experience within the renewable energy industry or renewable energy taught course modules, including knowledge of how wind and photovoltaic plants work
- Analyzing and interpreting layout/data of renewable energy plants
- Automation/Programming Skill
- Knowledge in Linux and networking
- Knowledge in Industrial Protocols
- Knowledge on Renewable Business
- Proactivity and very communication driven person
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ]
Read more here:
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] ). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complexes, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Business Development
- Control Systems