Job Purpose To provide design support in the releasing of new customer orders by working closely with sales. This role will include assisting designers and may also require validation of designs through FEA. Assist with continuous improvements in design in order to reduce cost and/or improve functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer orders and determine new designs needed.
- Complete new designs using SolidWorks.
- Creation of 3D models and 2D prints per company standards.
- Completion of tolerance analysis on each new design
- Validation of new designs as needed through hand calculations or analysis.
- Print detailing using GD&T when appropriate.
- Work with vendors on developing any new tooling needed for new designs.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to reduce total cost of production.
- Providing engineering support as needed to designers.
- Support designers in new design developments to ensure robustness of design.
- Checking of prints created by other designers or engineers.
- Supporting production builds of new designs.
- Working with vendors on cost reduction ideas.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality product.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, timely, accurate and highly productive manner according to Company policy.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Follow Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by the Company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and functions, which are essential to the position. Employees must be able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Accommodations will be evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience in using SolidWorks including the use of equations.
- Green Belt certification in Six Sigma.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Grain Trailer or similar design experience
- Understanding of utilizing a PDM system
- Experience and understanding of designing sheet metal components.
- In depth knowledge of GD&T
- Expertise of FEA tools and software
- Basic understanding of major aspects of manufacturing fabrication and assembly as it relates to Design for Manufacturing.
- Proficient with SolidWorks or equivalent based CAD software
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge in OneNote is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with people in all levels within all functions.
- Must be open-minded, flexible easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Core Competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelors or better in Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Assembly And Installation
- Design Engineering