Material Handler – Middlesex, NJ FULL TIME, Monday - Friday MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION, 401K, VACATION, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT $16.50 $0.50 night shift differential 2nd and 3rd shifts available 2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm 3rd shift: 11:00PM – 7:30AM
We have a current opportunity for a Material Handler responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Under direct supervision, tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, vacuum projects and handling, packing, re-packing, unloading and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
Experience with hazardous waste or chemicals is preferred but not required, we will train!
We are looking for candidates with a stable work history, strong work ethic, who are eager to learn. Benefits and Compensation:
At Veolia, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world
We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Competitive Pay
• Spending accounts — flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the health savings account (HSA)
• Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
• Supplemental long-term disability insurance
• Voluntary group legal
• Voluntary identity theft protection
• Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
• Flexible benefit plans
• Adoption Reimbursement
• College-Savings Plan
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employer Matched 401(K) Plan
• Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home insurance, Auto insurance
• Work Life Balance/Paid time off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Days
• On the job training
• Career Advancement
• Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided
• Employee referral program
• Incentive Bonus Programs
• Domestic and International transfer opportunities
High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred Certification/Licenses:
40-hour HAZWOPER Certification (will provide training) Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Ability to communicate through reading and writing
Trained in the use of material handling equipment (will provide training) Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (will provide training)
• Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers. etc.)
• Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
• Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
• Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
• Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
• Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
• Perform general housekeeping duties.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
• Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
Veolia Branch location is: 129 Factory Lane Middlesex, NJ 08846
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Complying With Procedures