Requisition ID : 367701
IFF in Newark, DE is seeking a Production First Line Supervisor to join our team!
The incumbent will supervise a staff of production employees and manage team activities in accordance with production schedules, ensuring unit goals are achieved. The Production FLS will ensure adherence to established operations and safety policies/procedures. They will maintain standards in the areas of safety, food safety, housekeeping, attendance, operational discipline, process safety management, and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance. The incumbent is responsible for communications up and down the line and for assurance that communications from team members are accurate and complete. They will be responsible for responding to personnel, operational, safety, and environmental incidents.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Models, establishes expectations, and drives accountability in the IFF Core Values
* Provides 24/7 production coverage support through shift rotation. First call point of contact for production issues/area emergencies.
* Ensures safety in day-to-day activities through execution of site safety policies including proper permitting, safety audits, housekeeping, incident investigation/recommendation implementation.
* Directs production teams, across multiple units, in activities such as coordination of competing production priorities and troubleshooting of process and mechanical reliability issues.
* Works directly with technical resources (engineers, laboratory analysts, etc.) to resolve production issues as well as on continuous
* Manages improvement activities focused on unit processes and equipment.
* Manages/supports team and team members' performance including shift staffing needs, overtime requirements, performance appraisals, and identifying and resolving performance issues.
* Maintains electronic employee data including accurate weekly time keeping records.
* Supports development of team member functional knowledge, skills (technical & soft), and abilities through formal training activities and mentorship/coaching.
* A High School Diploma/GED
* 5+ years of manufacturing/production facility experience with 2 years of experience in a lead/equivalent capacity OR a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 1+ years of manufacturing/production experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, effective in a one on one or a team environment
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to wear job specific personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Ability to operate computerized control systems
* Ability to tolerate exposure to hot and cold conditions
* Ability to perform job responsibilities with or without accommodations
* Willing and able to work an twelve-hour (12) rotating shift, including weekends, holidays and possible overtime.
The following are preferred:
* A Bachelor's Degree or higher in a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering field
* Previous supervisory experience
* SAP experience
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. Visit IFF.com/careers to learn more about our Equality Policy.
We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a broader range of natural solutions and accelerating our growth strategy. At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
- Chemical Engineering
- Control Systems
- Food Safety