This individual will be directly responsible for providing assistance and support to patients, family members, caregivers, nurses, physicians, pharmacists and internal colleagues. All cases will be handled with personalized attention and the utmost confidentiality. In this role the individual will address reimbursement related inquiries, communicate patients' coverage options, provide eligibility and benefit verification, and provide patient assistance for those in need of financial support.
• Maintain accountability for day-to-day patient reimbursement activities, workload and overall workflow.
• Manage tasks and activities assigned by specific geographic territories to ensure a high level of patient and physician satisfaction
• Provide feedback to patient or provider on services offered and share unique situations/issues to ensure common response from patient support services.
• Provide feedback to patients or providers relative to insurance coverage with certain carriers and/or plans.
• Work in tandem with assigned Access and Reimbursement Specialist to identify and assess coverage options for those with insurance and to coordinate and/or investigate financial options for those without insurance.
• Consistently keep in touch with patients and providers, answering questions and providing support while coverage investigations and prior authorizations or appeals are underway.
• Communicate prior authorization and appeal outcomes to patients and providers.
• Deliver presentations regarding access options to provider's offices, specialty pharmacies, and patient programs where appropriate.
• Maintain database for recording, managing, and monitoring patient activities for those requiring reimbursement support.
• Analyze data for reporting and trending and report to departmental manager
• Maintain a collaborative approach with members of call center team in order to offer the best possible outcome for all customers.
• Demonstrate the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality to information while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• Handle patient interactions with empathy and outstanding customer service
• Assume additional projects on an as needed basis.
• Continued education and training is required in order to maintain technical expertise in the assigned therapeutic area and to keep current on approved product information and promotional items.
• Attendance of certain association meetings during the year may be required to receive updated information or competitive review
Who you are:
• College Degree required (Associates/ Bachelors) or equivalent. Pharmacy Technician is a plus
• A minimum of two years' experience working in patient access, financial assistance, or reimbursement roles with specialty pharmaceutical products. Pharmacy technician experience is favorable, preferably with patient interaction or educational support
• Bilingual capability is a plus.
• Normal office duties.
• Must be flexible in working hours, shift work (11:30am to 8:00pm) and weekend shifts may be required.
• Exceptional customer service and telephone skills.
• Strong computer skills (customer contact databases, Windows, Word, Excel) required.
• Quality Data Entry and accuracy in typing skills are required.
• Experience working in a Siebel database preferred.
• Presentation skills and experience preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple and/or repetitive tasks coupled with working in a fast-paced environment
• Overtime may be required.
• Limited travel will be required
• Physical Requirements (PPE, lifting)
Operate Cash Register
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue