Join UChicago Medicine, as a Staff Nurse on the BURN Intensive Care Unit.
Sign-On Bonus Available!
A staff nurse is a registered professional nurse (RN) who manages patient centered care that is outcome directed. Patient centered care principles and professional nursing practice standards provide the foundation for the nurse to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care provided. The staff nurse assumes the primary responsibility and accountability for all patient care personally provided and that provided by those directly under her/his supervision.
The University of Chicago Medicine is designated as a Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, meaning the hospital is prepared to handle the most seriously injured trauma patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the ___, we provide:
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- High acuity Surgical/Trauma Patients
- Beacon award winning unit
- Fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork
- Great RN/MD communication
- Excellent work environment with low turn over
- Highest staff satisfaction/engagement in the hospital
- Schedule focus on work/life balance
- Graduate of an NLN accredited School of Nursing.
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN degree or higher preferred.
- Associate Degree Nurses are required to enroll in a BSN program within six (6) to nine (9) months of hire, and make progress toward and complete their BSN degree within 30 months. ADN nurses receive 100% tuition reimbursement towards a BSN degree from an accredited program.
- Current Illinois RN license
- RN experience in a Level 1 Trauma Hospital
- 1 year RN floor experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (0.9)
- Shift: Nights
- CBA Code: NNU
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire. Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Health Care