The Quality Engineer will assist with ensuring the maintenance and development of local Quality Management according to ISO 9001 and other regulations/codes including Pressure Vessel Codes. The position will also assist with steering Quality Assurance activities at the site with consideration of all respective laws, regulations, standards, and technology. #CB1
• Planning quality measures to ensure products are within specification, support implementation of measures to make sure mistakes are avoided and not merely corrected, and measure/monitor/document all quality measures.
• Optimization of the administrative processes within the department
• Planning and optimizing the testing work steps in Incoming Inspection, during Production and in Final Inspection regarding product quality, testing results and testing efforts (scope and frequency of testing, number of measuring points)
• Supporting shop foremen, workers and design engineers in quality topics.
• Supporting decisions on non-conforming materials and products, in close cooperation with the Quality Manager and Production Manager
• Preparing, structuring and analysing material and product related data from the ongoing production to reduce quality problems; observing and reducing scrap and rework / extra work with the target of continuous improvement of the product quality as well as reduction of the Costs of Poor Quality (COPQ) in close cooperation with the Quality Manager/Production Manager
• Supporting the calculation and reporting of COPQ, quality issues, complaints, audit measures, improvements, and other quality related topics monthly in close cooperation with the Quality Manager/Production Manager.
• Supporting customer and supplier complaints regarding quality, packaging and transport issues by coordinating all actions in the context of the complaints until closing.
• Supporting the alignment of testing / quality activities and their execution with customers and suppliers; supporting the preparation of the Quality Assurance and Quality Management Agreements with customers and suppliers
• Support of the maintenance and development of the local Quality Assurance in close collaboration with the Quality Manager
• Reporting disciplinary and functionally to the Quality Manager
• Support of planning, preparing and support of execution of internal and external System and Process Audits as well as Supplier Audits; support of planning, preparing, and attending external audits from customers and Notified Bodies (as needed); following-up audit measures and verifying the effectiveness
• Support of planning, executing and following-up approvals of new suppliers (Supplier Capability Analysis)
• Being the local contact person and coordinator for the control of quality documents; administrating local controlled documents and records in close cooperation with Quality Manager
• Engineering Degree (ie. Chem Eng, Mech Eng, Indutrial Eng)
• Familiarity with ISO 9001, Quality and Testing Methods
- Business Process Improvement
- Iso 9000
- Packaging And Processing Duties