St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Under supervision as an entry-level Patient Care Assistant, this role is responsible for providing direct patient care. The Patient Care Assistant participates in data collection, planning and implementation of patient care.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Performs the following tasks as assigned: Vital signs, intake and output measurement, and documentation for all assigned responsibilities.
- Follows treatment plan as directed by licensed personnel.
- Performs necessary functions to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction with service.
- Performs patient mobilization using appropriate and proper body mechanics and assistive device.
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality patient care.
- Communicates changes in patients' conditions and unit concerns with the unit based team.
- Restocks unit supplies as needed.
- Performs equipment checks and unit specific maintenance duties as appropriate to unit.
- Takes active role in unit based performance improvement.
- Maintains awareness of unit budget.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code
- Other related duties as assigned.
Sit up to 7 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 400 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:30pm
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Clinical Works
- Data Collection
- Financial Management
- Health Care