To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transdev North America • Boston, MA
Posted 6 days ago
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
This position serves in a cross functional role supporting Finance, Operations, and Safety. The Accounting Associate assists in all aspects of Finance to ensure an efficient and effective working environment.
- Prepares and processes client invoices from Billing File; ensures correct backup is provided and authorized signatures are obtained before presenting invoice to the Boston Public Schools Auditor for reimbursement.
- Enters newly created invoices into Corporate accounting software.
- Creates upload of newly created invoices to sent to Corporate Controller to offset Billing File.
- Scans invoices to client and saves correctly in Shared Drive.
- Makes sure vendor #, voucher #, invoice #, and amount on Accounts Payable (AP) Lead Sheet corresponds to the AP stamp of appropriate voucher.
- Makes sure vendor invoices correspond to the purchase order, i.e. item description, part number, account number, amounts and quantity.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding invoices; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Prepares monthly fuel report.
- Fills in for vacations and leaves by Finance staff.
- Assists the Operations Team with exception time analysis.
- Assists the Safety Team with the subrogation process.
- Prepares and files monthly ad hoc reports as needed.
- Documents work processes and procedures.
- Assists with various reports for the month-end and year-end close.
- Executes special projects as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- A college degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
Experience Required *:*
- One (1) year of experience in Accounts Receivable processes, i.e. creating invoices.
Experience Preferred :
- Experience in reimbursement billing preferred.
- Experience with editing PDF files preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of accounting including accounting theory and principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; must not get bored with tasks requiring close scrutiny to detail.
- Strong time management, project skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously, meet fast turnaround deadlines, and maintain an eye for detail.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems without direct supervision and prioritize in an environment where demands change frequently.
- Ability to conceive new approaches and streamline processes.
- Excellent verbal, written, reading, and presentation skills.
- Ability to reduce exception time by analyzing Driver exception time requests, Zonar path reports, and reporting excess/fraudulent exception time request.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
- Must submit to drug testing and a background check.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Requisition ID 2019-9591
Position Category Administrative/Clerical/Payroll/HR/Accounting
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 617
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services