You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Help Desk Senior Support Specialist is responsible for providing tier 1 technical support for software, hardware and network related issues. You will be the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through phone calls, in person or email. . This is an onsite customer service-oriented IT role. We are looking for someone able to interpret and explain a variety of technical support problems and concepts to non-technical users. This role requires you to be a self-starter with a general desire to help others.
The Help Desk Senior Support Specialist is expected to:
- Support customers/employees with technical issues in person, via phone or email
- Respond to our customers/employees in a timely manner
- Train and assist customers on our proprietary and third-party software
- Install, make changes and repair computer hardware, software, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals
- Resolve network related issues
- Fully Document all relevant information including the impact to the customer, problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion, and assign appropriate ticket priority
- Communicate internally within the IT department and externally with the customer through resolution
- Resolve as many problems and requests as possible without reassignment/escalation and within service desk time parameters, using documented procedures and available tools
- Assist in the development of existing and creation of new Information Technology policies and procedures
- Identify and escalate issues / situations requiring urgent attention
- Maintain inventory for computer hardware, printer and other peripherals
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Complete new hire technical orientations and equipment set up
- Dispose of obsolete equipment
- Coordinate with outside vendors to resolve software and hardware problems
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Administer help desk software
- Train help desk technicians on standard policies and procedures
- Assist with IT related projects for the company as directed
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in IT help-desk or desk-side environment
- Required Competencies: Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Laptop /Desktop Configurations, Intune and Configuration Manager.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office platform of tools including Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Help Desk support tools like ZenDesk or ServiceNow
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and multi-task a variety of requests simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, and active listening skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Experience in creating and leveraging knowledgebase documentation
- Self-driven, highly organized and very effective time management skills
- Knowledge of basic networking comprehension
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, InTune, Configuration Manager, Smart Deploy, LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
- Experience configuring, maintaining AV equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional travel
- Microsoft Certifications desired including; Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft End Point Configuration Manager
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ Certifications required
- Active Directory Group
- Active Listening
- Computer Architectures
- Configuration Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH192105
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.