Maintains and updates customer account receivables through the application of cash receipts to the accounts receivable system. Provides verbal and written information to all appropriate parties regarding cash activity.Job Responsibilities:
• Customer Accounts: 800
• Payments Entered: $160 million monthly (50,000 - 75,000 lines of application)
• Responsible for all aspects of applying payments accurately to customer invoices, and posting of non-AR payments to appropriate accounts. This includes utilizing Oracle Auto Cash routine to post and apply payments and accessing bank portals to obtain payment information to create Auto Cash files using a variety of solutions. Payments include lockbox check payments, wires, ACH's, credit card and intercompany transfers.
• Process credit card payments from customers as needed.
• Initiate action on Customer short-pays by creating Chargebacks assist in resolving issues.
• Communicate with collectors to resolve inadequate remittance advice issues (cash on account).
• Communicate to Customer Standard Maintenance changes in customer bank account info (used in auto-application of payments) and customer payment relationships (to enable cross-customer application).
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting of various cash application activities and issues.
• Reconcile discounts, cash on account, and various other reports.
• Participation in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Various other duties as deemed appropriate.Qualification:
• High school diploma and one or more years accounts receivable experience with working knowledge of cash application systems required
• Manufacturing experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of accounts receivable and credit systems
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Oracle experience is a plus
• Lock-box experience a plus
• Able to work overtime, when required (typically focused around fiscal month ends and mid-calendar month)
• Early morning and evening hours are required at various times.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external customers
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have ability to multi task
• Excellent organization skills
• Must be able to work within teams
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Discounts And Allowances