To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cuba, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accountant - Cuba, MO
Hubbell Inc • Cuba, MO
Posted 1 month ago
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrews Way
Cuba, MO 65453
The main purpose of this position is to support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department. The accountant will perform basic accounting functions such as ledger analysis, cost analysis, account reconciliation, and financial reporting. They will provide assistance in the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal systems and procedures, applying basic concepts, methods, and techniques. This is a full-time position that reports to the Corporate Controller and will insure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls.
Seeking a self-motivated individual with strong initiative and an interest in joining a successful organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records; assists in budget and special financial reports development
- Prepares, reviews, and processes budget, revenue, expense, payroll, and related correcting entries and may prepare bank reconciliation
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Maintains the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; provide monthly detail to the Controller for General Journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Works with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Research and interpret financial data and provide correspondence when necessary
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures
- Ability to set up, maintain, balance and reconcile all financial accounts and ledgers
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent experience, plus one year of related experience is required
- Training on relevant software used in the accounting department, Syspro and/or SAP Preferred
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications, experience with ERP systems preferred
- Must be skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Associates Degree in Accounting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.