Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,500 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG’s Education Consulting service line seeks a Project Manager for a highly complex and exciting English Language Arts (ELA) digital curriculum development. The project provides motivated individuals a unique opportunity to support educators and students in actualizing college and career ready standards for literacy, through the delivery of high-quality curricular resources in a digital environment. Specific responsibilities and skill/experience requirements are detailed below.
About PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line
PCG’s Education Consulting Service Line work with states, districts, and schools to address a wide spectrum of needs such as curriculum development, instructional resources audits, design and facilitation of professional development and professional learning communities, school improvement, and program reviews. Project engagements have included the development of the EngageNY grades 6–12 English Language Arts Common-Core aligned curriculum for the New York State Education Department, design and delivery of a system of professional learning for the Connecticut State Department of Education, and the creation of training and resources to support transition to the new standards for the Florida Department of Education.
- Work closely with the Director of Grades 6–12 ELA Curriculum, Curriculum Leads, and the Senior Project Management Team to lead a team of curriculum writers, copy editors, and technical resources through a rapid development process of a grades 6–12 English Language arts curriculum units.
- Collaborate with Director of Grades 6–12 ELA Curriculum and Senior Project Management Team to ensure proper staff resources are allocated to the project.
- Coordinate timelines, due dates, assignments, and workflow.
- Collaborate with Senior Project Management Team to ensure that established project management processes and structures are appropriately implemented.
- Ensure that services are delivered with reliability and fidelity.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, operations, and client services.
- Travel as needed.
- Project management experience, experience managing a curriculum development preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Calm under pressure
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to present solutions and suggestions for operations improvements
- Availability during regular work week, with some night or weekend work as needed
- Must have transportation to/from the work site