To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Engineers - Different Shift Needs
BOXER PROPERTY • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Boxer Resorts has an exciting opportunity for two Maintenance Engineer positions. This is a great chance to further develop your skills in maintenance and work for a Boxer Resort, a premier management company in the hospitality industry. One position will work 3pm to 11pm, and the other will work AM and/or PM with days of the week open.
Success is the direct result of everyone working together toward a common goal: To deliver exceptional service to our valued guests and provide a high quality work environment for our associates.
Maintenance Engineers will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest suites, meeting space, restaurant and common areas. Guest suite and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. Maintenance Engineers will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, hotel property, restaurant and grounds.
- Responds to engineering and maintenance concerns.
- Performs and/or monitors maintenance and preventative maintenance projects.
- Responds to all building related safety concerns.
- Maintains departmental compliance with hotel maintenance procedures.
- Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Assists in the supervision of temporary maintenance associates.
- Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
- Deals with guest related concerns.
- Maintain the guest rooms, public space, and back of the hotel areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
- Must pass drug screening and background check.
- Must possess knowledgeable of basic hand/power tool operation. Should have basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry concepts.
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Previous construction or hotel maintenance department supervisory or management experience.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage. Be able to work in a standing position
Boxer Resorts offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, optional life & AD&D, disability, critical illness, accident, Healthcare FSA, 401K available the first of the month following hire; and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.