At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join our Hematology/Oncology department at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines as a Scheduling Specialist. This position involves high patient interaction on a daily basis. You will work to support and schedule appointments for Hematology/Oncology. In this busy role you will serve on the front lines for our patients. Working together, you’ll bring your expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy providing world class customer service. You will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other. Job duties include the following:
- Responsible for interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information for accurate registration including assigning of Medical Record Number, scheduling, referral/authorization, point of service payment collection, and document collection
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires as needed.
- Mentoring and training staff on departmental procedures.
- Responsible for accurately scheduling and re-scheduling complex patient procedures and appointments.
- Accurately documenting patient to provider communication, assessing urgency and escalating as appropriate.
- Performing a high volume of outbound patient calls, not too much face to face interaction with patients
- May manage the patient check-in and check-out process from start to finish, which includes identification verification; updating or confirming demographic and insurance information on every patient; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit; verifying coverage including benefits, authorization, pre-determination, payer specific policy exclusions or limitations to coverage, collecting any patient responsibility and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation as needed.
- Regularly displaying a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and is able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a Full Time, benefitted position with a work schedule of 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday, at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines in La Jolla. QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft computer applications with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must possess excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers are required.
- 2 years of experience in customer service or healthcare/medical office environment.
- Experience scheduling in Epic.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job:
Access / Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Central San Diego County-LA JOLLA-SCRIPPS CLINIC - TORREY PINESWork Locations:
SCRIPPS CLINIC - TORREY PINES (100_202)
10666 N. TORREY PINES ROAD
LA JOLLA, 92037Organization:
Scripps ClinicJob Posting:
Aug 23, 2019, 5:15:24 PMBenefit Status:
FT - FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS