Systems Operations Specialist
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Operations Specialists joining our team to support government activities in Herndon, VA.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Systems Operations Specialist supporting the customer, you will be trusted to maintain 3rd party tools for the customer's current and new application hosting environments. In this role a typical day will include:
- Supporting Infrastructure Engineers and Infrastructure Administrators in a DevOps environment
- Maintaining documentation, patching schedules, and version updates
- Taking appropriate action to resolve alerts for storage capacity, server capacity, database capacity, and network capacity.
- Providing technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operation environment
- Providing O&M to 3rd party tools for different layers of IT infrastructure; Network, Storage, Databases, and Windows/Linux platforms
- Technical skills: DevOps, configuration management tools, operating system scanning tools, web and apps scanning tools, automation/scripting tools
- Preferred Qualifications: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Nessus, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, Shell, Python, Shell, Java, Amazon Web Services, Linux/Unix, RHEL
- Desired Qualifications: Splunk, RedSeal, Amazon Web Services
- Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Security clearance level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively prosecute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
10+ years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Server (Computer Science)