To be a key part of the management team and to serve as the operational lead of the HR functions and help executive management set all HR policies and ensure the alignment of HR strategies with key business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required; Post-graduate degree strongly preferred. 15+ years of HR experience with specific experience or expertise in any of the following: talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation & benefits, consulting, coaching, organizational development, organizational design and/or employee training/development preferred.
- Extensive Compensation knowledge preferred
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state (particularly CA) employment and labor laws with ability to interpret regulations and set policy accordingly.
- SPHR, SPHR-CA Certification a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of and understanding of practical and leading edge HR practices.
- Strong business knowledge and capability to assess HR implications of business priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of HR principles, techniques and procedures.
- Strong partnering, facilitating, influencing, and negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse work group to accomplish business goals.
- Ability to delegate, coach, develop and manage a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent written and verbal, communication, and presentation skills to effectively receive, interpret and disseminate information in a manner that is clear, concise and actionable.
- Persuasive skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to professionally represent the Company in litigation as the investigative/HR expert.
- Ability to influence.
- Leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking and visioning skills.
- Mature judgment.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple top priorities at the same time.
Essential Mental & Physical Function
Mental Functions: Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational, and business decisions that affect the department. This position establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Only the final results of work done are typically reviewed.
Physical Functions: Sitting required 80% of the time. Walking and standing required 10% of the time. No heavy lifting required.
Standard office and computer equipment including MS Office software.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Provide top management and the Board of Directors with the highest quality strategic counsel and advice relating to the development and positive evolution of Company's organizational structure and culture, benefits and incentive plans to encourage and reward entrepreneurship, performance, culture and values to accommodate needs without compromising Company's core principles
- Communicate and advise Board and senior executive team of significant human resource and organizational developmental opportunities and action plans.
- Ensure execution of Top Management (particularly COB and CEO) directed and strategic HR/OD projects or HR infrastructure improvement projects.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of programs/policies/ strategies tailored to meet organizational goals pertaining to human capital.
- Develop and execute strategic human resource policies and practices that will add value to the business, foster a climate of improvement and ensure legal and ethical compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Assess the climate of the organization and suggest areas of improvement. Provide guidance in the design and development of organizational structures and executive level recruitment.
- Organize and manage Human Resources around key functions designed to fulfill Company's full-cycle HR needs. Tasks to include but not be limited to: Staffing/Talent Acquisition and Talent Integration (TA)- sourcing, interviewing, onboarding and integrating newly hired talent.
- Talent Management and Development (TMD) - executive development following hire and comprehensive training program, succession planning.
- Compensation and Benefits (C&B) - ensure that workforce financial and other incentives are optimized and cost-effective with market-based comparisons and plans on a timely basis as well as manage the acquisition and implementation of risk mitigation measures such as third party insurance (and manage external insurance brokers and consultants) in a cost-effective manner.
- HR Administration will identify and coordinate resources, set and maintain HR policies and processes, manage HR's budget, create and maintain HR personnel files and records.
- Employee Relations and Compliance (ERC) - maintain and improve morale and work conditions and environment, oversee all aspects of HR-related legal and regulatory compliance, facilitate employee conflict resolution, facilitate communications between employees and management as well as between employees and other employee. Create, manage and execute employment separations when necessary. Counsel employees and management on appropriate action and behaviors. Assure that there is appropriate and consistent enforcement of standards.
- Function as a business partner providing leadership and consulting support to Company executives /management on matters of goal setting, policy development, communication and strategic implementation in support of achieving objectives and business growth. Evaluate strategies/programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
- Lead, coach and manage Company-North American Human Resources function providing guidance and development of Human Resources personnel and departments. Establish and drive Human Resources Business Partner (HR Generalists) structure and framework to align along business initiatives and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical office environment.
Must be able to travel between locations