At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Director of Application Engineering reports directly to the VP of Digital & Healthcare Innovation. The Director is responsible for all day-to-day operation of the teams under their purview, including Agile process orchestration, technical solution design, and architectural design.
The Director will interface with product management, project management, quality assurance, and various stakeholders across the enterprise to define and deliver technical solutions.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• MS in Computer Science
Required Minimum Experience:
• 10+ years of software engineering
• 5+ years in a leadership role
• 5+ years of C# .NET experience in building Web Apps
• Proficiency in full-stack software engineering
• Proficiency with multiple back-end and front-end languages (e.g. Java, Kotlin, NodeJS, Python)
• Proficiency with SEO and Performance optimization
• Proficiency with building microservices in cloud-based containerized deployments
• Experience with public clouds (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Experience with Docker
• Experience integrating with SSO systems (e.g. OAuth2, SAML)
• Experience with SOLR or ElasticSearch
• Experience with Sitecore
• Experience with defining solutions using responsive design principles
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
• Experience with Epic Systems
• Experience with ReactJS
• Experience with Data Warehousing toolsets
• Experience with data streaming and event-driven toolsets (e.g. Kafka, SNS, RabbitMQ)
Event Driven Programming
Java (Programming Language)
Amazon Web Services