Guaranteed base pay + monthly sales incentive*!
*Sales incentive earning potential currently capped at $25,000 per month
Though most consumers understand the value of insurance, shopping for the right product can be overwhelming! Our customers need an advocate to help them navigate health insurance options and find the right solution for their needs. As an Inside Sales Insurance Product Advisor, you will become a licensed expert in the individual insurance market and guide customers through a consultative process, helping them secure the coverage that best fits their individual needs and improves their lives. Our extensive training program paves the way for success, teaching you our technology, product portfolio, and sales methodology through hands-on instruction. You will handle customer interactions through inbound phone calls, where there is no cold calling or knocking on doors. We boast a fun and competitive work environment focused both on teamwork and individual success!
This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. Evenings and weekends may be required.
During training, new employees will be working a standard day shift. After successful completion of training, new employees will select from available shift options, keeping in mind our focus to support a work - life balance.
Telecommute positions are available outside of the Indianapolis market. Employees in the Indianapolis and surrounding areas may be asked to work on-site.
Why Join our UnitedHealthcare Team?
Compensation & Benefits:
As a licensed insurance agent and Product Advisor, your total compensation is determined by your ability to work hard, sell and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- We offer unmatched employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, company sponsored life insurance, a generous matching 401k plan, a discounted company stock purchase plan, and generous paid time off
- We pride ourselves on supporting development and growth and providing opportunities for career advancement
Onboarding & Training for Success:
- We facilitate a 6-week, paid on-boarding and job specific training program, which includes obtaining your resident Life & Health license and its associated costs
- We attain your non-resident licenses and execute appointments to sell products with various carriers
- We have a proven track record of success in virtual onboarding and training, including substantial opportunity for feedback, coaching and support
- UnitedHealthcare is the largest and most recognized name in the health insurance space, currently ranked #7 on the 2019 Fortune 500 list
- Most of our sales leads are sourced from internal UHC websites and SEOs
- Our doctor and hospital networks for our UHONE products consist of a PPO & an EPO, representing over 1.2 million doctors and approximately 6,500 facilities coasts to coast with no referrals required. These networks are unmatched in the health insurance marketplace. You can offer our products with the backing and confidence of UnitedHealthcare!
- Respond via telephone or email to determine customer’s needs and present product recommendations through a consultative sales process
- Quote customers on available product options and accurately explain plan details
- Respond to questions from consumers regarding products, services, website logins or website navigation
- Conduct outgoing calls to provide answers and additional information to consumers
- Build positive business relationships with clients to ensure continued interest in UnitedHealth Group’s products and services
- Achieve monthly performance goals and objectives as outlined by leadership
- 1 year of related experience including analyzing and problem solving for customers is required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including strong keyboard and navigation skills, and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period and successfully complete the training program including demonstrating proficiency of the material
- State health/life license is not required at time of hire; however, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health / life licensing within 30 days of employment. This expense will be covered by the company
- An additional $1,000 sign-on bonus is available if you have an active Health Insurance License in addition to the $2,000 sign-on bonus for all external candidates hired
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 1+ years sales experience in a telesales environment
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Bilingual Sales Representative - Remote - $3,000 sign-on bonus for external candidates.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $19.23. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Insurance Sales Representative, Insurance, Sales, Telecommute, Nationwide, remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, hiring immediately, #RPO, UHO1k, uhomr