A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Mathematics, Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA License, CISA or CIA
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in completing aspects of the Internal Audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO).
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the understanding of current issues key executives contemplate, in a variety of industries, and how Internal Audit can play a role within the organization to address the risks.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success directing company- or firm-wide functions within, the following areas as it applies to the planning, executing, reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements:
- Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act's regulations and requirements, including compliance readiness programs;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Financial and operational fraud risk management;
- Antifraud internal controls;
- IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security;
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery; and,
- Auditor Independence.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leading teams, emphasizing the supervising of staff by creating a positive working environment through the building of solid relationships with team members, the monitoring of workloads of all team members, adjustment and redistribution of assignments accordingly to promote work/life quality, taking into account team members' capabilities and needs and meeting of client expectations, encouragement of team dialogue, providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, keeping team members and leadership informed on progress and issues;
- Using available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance work product, significantly contribute to business development efforts and remaining up to date on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable;
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients, understanding the client's business, communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Managing day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to leadership;
- Evaluating internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls, developing and/or reviewing audit programs, benchmarking financial and operational processes and controls as well as performing controls optimization; and,
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, especially developing and reviewing audit programs or testing steps, adapting an audit program to suit a client's specific environment, and/or designing controls evaluation and testing work plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.