Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
Seeking an individual to fill a position as a COMSEC Manager/Alternate as part of our Operations and Maintenance team. Individual will be responsible for day-to-day operations of COMSEC activities to provide end-to-end support of Voice Crypto Devices. Individual will perform operations from a central location for a disperse enterprise customer base.
Responsibilities will include:
- Track COMSEC requirements, ensuring implementation of approved processes, providing coordination of task/activation/deactivation of all equipment, status monitoring and reporting, receiving COMSEC devices into the controlled cryptographic items (CCI) inventory, bar-coding of new COMSEC devices, power testing of COMSEC devices received, and destruction of equipment as required
- Track warranty information for all CCI inventory items, providing monthly and ad-hoc status reports and performing initial configuration of cryptographic devices prior to deployment to field locations
- Provide remote troubleshooting and support to all voice cryptographic endpoints
- Conduct COMSEC account management and COMSEC inspection of all government owned cryptographic voice devices
- Initiate, generate key, order, test and verify keys; load key fill devices with appropriate keying material for operational use
- Deliver, account, document and perform key destruction in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) guidelines
- Coordinate equipment requirements with cryptographic vendors, NSA and military services to repair, demilitarize, and dispose of obsolete and excess cryptographic equipment
- Conduct semi-annual inventory of all government physical Voice COMSEC material
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves customers services issues using ticketing system and administration toolsets
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Participates in testing and deployment of new technologies
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited College or University is required along with 8+ years of experience. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, Associates and/or combination of 12+ years of experience may be considered
Desired Skill Set:
- COMSEC Manager training from NSA
- Knowledge of military/government COMSEC requirements
- Experience with administration of Key Management Infrastructure, CARDS or Local Management Device/Key Processor
- Familiarity with COMSEC and keying devices
- Performed loading of VIPER and STE equipment
- Knowledge of Service Now or similar ticketing system
- Experience in deployment and/or support of personal electronic device (laptops, tablets, iPhones)
- Willingness to learn new technologies to support other service areas
TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apple I Phone