Compensation: $50/ hour
If you are an experienced Software Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Lorien can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Software Engineer. This is a contract position; however, it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Lorien as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client.
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
As a Software Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual, and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in an Engineering/Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact, and negotiation
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs.
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and additional experience in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, PHP and/or NodeJS
- Experience with writing and executing software test plans
- 3+ years of experience developing software using Linux/Unix
- Experience using a source code control package in a team environment in the normal course of development cycles
- Experience managing complex documentation using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and understanding of network communication fundamentals (TCP/IP, sockets, and network programming)
- Experience building and supporting real-time mission critical systems
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible or Chef)
As a Software Engineer with Lorien, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization. Lorien is part of the Impellam Group, one of the top staffing firms in the country, where we serve thousands of companies through a nationwide network of offices and on-site client locations. Our reputation is built on a commitment to excellence, a focus on quality service and trust.
Depending upon the client, the assignment, and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Software Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Keywords: C/C++, Python, Perl, PHP, NodeJS, Linux/Unix, networking, TCP/IP, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)