Kelly Services’ Outsourcing & Consulting Group has an urgent need for a Research Associate in West Chester, PA. The primary responsibilities will be supporting cell culture process development for early to late stages assets in the pipeline. The duties will include, but not limited to, bioreactor running, record keeping, data analysis, lab upkeep, and presentations of the findings to internal teams.
This is a Tuesday-Saturday position starting in Mid-December.
The appropriate candidate will work in a collaborative setting and will be expected to independently operate bench-top scale (Ambrs, 3-10L) and pilot scale (Responsibilities:
- Develop experimental plan and execute cell culture and/or harvest studies in laboratory either individually or in teams
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance & seed culture expansion to support bioreactor runs
- Perform process development/characterization and scale-up experiments with CHO cells expressing monoclonal antibody in shaker flasks and multiple scale (≤10L, 50, 100, 200L) bioreactors
- Perform equipment set-up, sterilization, daily operation, sampling and in-process analytical testing (cell count, viability, gases, metabolites, titer etc).
- Know the principles of cell culture process intensification: perfusion, medium optimization, advanced control strategies.
- Maintain laboratory analytical and other equipment, coordinate calibration etc, and manage raw material stocks and supplies
- Maintain a compliant laboratory operation in accordance with development protocols, internal procedures and policies. Record experiments in lab notebooks and perform needed data analysis.
- Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with growing level of independence and in a collaborative manner.
- Present technical data in internal group meetings and write technical reports
- BS. /M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related fields
- 3-8 years of experience in cell culture/fermentation process development and/or manufacturing sciences supporting cell culture operation in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Hand-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Hands-on experience with bioreactor operation at any scale and other cell culture related equipment
- Hands-on experience with in-process analytical testing and analytical instrumentation such as cell counters and instruments for metabolite analysis
- Experience with set-up, operation and control of harvest process equipment (e.g., continuous disc stack centrifuges) is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position comes with enhanced benefits which include:
- 50/50 shared healthcare cost (Kelly pays 50% of the monthly premium, employee pays 50%)*
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days and vacation days*
Perks of being a Kelly employee:
- Weekly electronic pay
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses though Kelly Learning center
- Online application system
- Never an applicant fee
*benefits to be received upon meeting eligibility requirements
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the Submit Resume or Apply Now button to submit your resume.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply