Ultimate Staffing Services is seeking an exceptional Tech Support Representatives for our client in Hagerstown, MD. As the Tech Support Representative, you will provide technical and customer pre & post sales support through analysis and problem solving to facilitate installation, implementation, maintenance, education, and documentation for online and desktop software. Customer service inquires will be done via phone, email and web-based inquiries. Daily activities require liaising with other departments and fully diagnosing problems that have been submitted directly by end users and administrators.
There are two shift positions available:
11:00am to 7:30pm
3:30pm to Midnight
- Respond to customer technical and service inquiries via phone, email and chat that will include such tasks
- Utilize electronic systems to ensure that all inquiries and customer contacts are logged as they occur
- Guide existing and new customers in the full use and implementation of software and database features
- Participate in projects to manage the roll out to customers of new releases and new features
- Manage information flow ensuring that enhancement requests, bugs, and other product issues are communicated
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including product managers, developers, customers, and sales representatives
- Provide ongoing technical training of customers, administrators and partners, on all relevant products, user interfaces and administrative tools
- Support the above product lines in an advanced capacity
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
2-4 years of experience within a technical support role or equivalent (i.e., trade school or other training)
Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel
Working knowledge of operating systems including Windows and Office applications, Mac OS and Linux experience a plus.
Experience with mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook and Galaxy tablets
Ability to help customers navigate websites, programs, and setup and installation procedures
General knowledge of Internet and network technologies and protocols. Knowledge of the following is ideal: EZproxy, FTP, Telnet, basic UNIX commands, authentication methods, and Firewalls.
Comfortable with training new staff
Extensive knowledge of computer files and programs
Helpdesk experience supporting remote end users via phone/email
Familiarity running reports and reviewing data
Clear understanding of the escalation process
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
Fluent in oral and written English
Knowledge and expertise with the internet and intranets
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Self-motivated and ability to adjust daily routine
Well organized, self-motivated, & able to prioritize a high workload in a team environment.
Works with a sense of urgency and is able to prioritize tasks based on importance
Articulate, well presented and comfortable in front of customers
Patient and helpful under pressure
Ability to work extended hour shift
Flexibility to adjust shift hours with advanced notice
Preferred or desired knowledge:
Fluent in oral and written Spanish.