The Coder is responsible for reviewing Outpatient records utilizing ICD-10-CM and CPT-4/HCPCS coding systems. Extracts pertinent information from clinical notes, operative notes, radiology reports, laboratory reports, (including Pathology), procedure records, specialty forms, etc. Determines complex code assignment pertinent to emergency visits and diagnostic workups.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- At least 2 years relevant coding and abstracting experience in an acute care hospital.
- Experience with Epic, 3M CAC and HDM system
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Outpatient Coding (COC), formerly Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H)
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Remote, but must live in Georgia
Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Air Carbon Arc
Call/Connection Admission Control
Certified Addictions Counselor
Certified Application Counselor