12News is seeking a dynamic Chief Photographer to manage our staff of Photographers, a leader who knows how to inspire excellence from the staff. Our Chief Photographer manages, evaluates and develops a team of photographers who can tell incredible stories through photojournalism. Knowledge and experience with television news photography, technical knowledge of ENG vehicles and editing is a must. Ability to work with reporters and Multimedia Journalists, as well as independently be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photographer is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly.
In this role you will:
- Manage the Photographer scheduling to ensure that there is appropriate photographic coverage to support the needs of the Newsroom 24x7x365
- Responsible for approving all your employee timecards within the allotted timeframe and approve all time off requests within a timely manner.
- Fleet Management - ensure that all fleet management service requests are handled to ensure that all vehicles are functioning at their highest level, all MVD registrations, emissions and insurance records are current and in vehicles at all time.
- Satellite Signal Issues- Primary point of contact for Satellite issues to ensure there are known problems when shooting live shots.
- Must be professional, organized and highly motivated
- Must be able to obtain a driver's license
- Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver's license at all times
- Shooting stories as needed as a photographer
- Sourcing and recruiting candidates for open photography/ENG positions
- Coaching current photographers in their professional development and continued development of staff in satellite truck, ENG and Drone training and emerging platforms like 360 camera shooting
- Ordering/Maintaining photography supplies
- Helping plan and develop shooting plans for large scale station projects like Political, Cardinals/DB games, Turkey Tuesday and Waste Management Open location shows
- Manage and address any performance, attendance or other related employee issues as they arise.
- Write and conduct annual performance reviews for the Photography team.
Here's what you need
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 7-10 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems highly desirable
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics preferred
- SNG experience is highly desirable
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Able to be an strong leader, Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and fast-paced changing events
** Please include a recent reel of your work.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Logo (Programming Language)