Join our SWHS Team of Professionals!
SWHS consists of two acute-care hospitals: Inland Valley Medical Center and Rancho Springs Medical Center.
Inland Valley Medical Center
A 122 bed acute care hospital which features the regions only Level II Trauma Unit and is the county-designated Paramedical Base station and Southwest Riverside County’s only Center of Excellence in Weight Loss Surgery.
Rancho Springs Medical Center
A 120 bed acute care hospital which includes the region’s largest birthing center along with the area’s only NICU in combination with Rady Children’s Hospital and the region’s first da Vinci Robotic Surgical Program.
As a staff member providing support expertise you will be responsible for providing excellence in patient care and customer service by sharing your talent in your chosen field. Staff will also practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies as well as consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SWHS Core Values and the hospitals mission statement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact diplomatically and to maintain a professional demeanor with physicians, the public and hospital staff at all times.
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives.
- Good problem solving and process efficiency skills.
- Knowledge of insurance benefits, covered services, billing, and collection procedures for all government insurance programs and commercial programs for acute facilities.
- General knowledge of office procedures and ability to utilize resource in an organized manner.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Operate a 10-key calculator.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- One-year experience in a hospital admitting or medical business office.
- Computer experience preferred.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- High School diploma required.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
Complex Problem Solving