The Administrative Assistant \u2013 DSD (Direct Store Delivery) under general supervision, performs clerical, administrative and general duties involving data entry, record and file maintenance, mail distribution, and telephone/communications coverage. This role compiles and maintains accurate records of business transactions and office activities; verifies accuracy of figures and calculations pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers, prepares regular reports, gathering and summarizing data.Core Responsibilities
- Develops and compiles records and reports for branch management using company computer systems. This includes but is not limited to truck reports, pallet reports, daily sales reports, other reports on the shared drive
- Reviews truck\u2013to\u2013truck and warehouse transfers and investigates and adjusts discrepancies
- Enters cooler transfers and verifies all transfers are matched prior to week-end
- Tracks and verifies data for accuracy: customer accounts, account payments, inventory reports, invoices and copies of checks/money orders
- Verifies routes successfully via t-com
- Verifies and confirms product received by route salespersons
- Reviews and mails daily deposit
- Assists branch management with the reconciliation of account receivables and deductions
- Maintains accurate branch files in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Assists with the preparation of monthly sales meetings and key account presentations
- Customer service \u2013 appropriately manages branch telephone calls in a timely and professional manner; maintains branch call in log
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of related administrative experience; required.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- SAP experience, a plus.
- Ability to create reports and correspondences.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits