The Project Engineer 2 role plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations. This role will partner with maintenance and production teams as they work together to drive strategic safety, quality and productivity initiatives. Essential Job Duties
Scope of Responsibility
- Serves as primary resource for production, quality and safety solutions, for both capital and non-capital.
- Develops, manages, creates, and executes capital projects including: creating documents, issuing PO’s, creating scope, scheduling, contractor management, cost estimates and documents required to meet financial policy.
- Manages project schedule and budgets to execute project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Works with Plant Technical Manager (PTM) on management of capital planning and capital budget for fiscal year including coordination with corporate engineering.
- Focus on initiatives in areas such as Early Management, Autonomous Maintenance, Focused Improvement and Failure Modes, and Effects analysis.
- Supports coordination and execution of corporate engineering managed projects.
- Provides technical support to production floor and maintenance when required.
- Works with PTM to develop long range capital plans and site plans.
- Analyzes equipment failures, generates root cause solutions and leads the implementation of those solutions.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchasing equipment.
- Leads committee and project meetings and facilitates sessions using various problem solving tools.
- Initiates solutions for improving plant sustainability efforts.
- May perform other duties as required.
This role has authority to approve capital expenditures to implement projects, issue purchase orders, approve payment of invoices up to $50K, make travel arrangements associated with projects, schedule project team meetings, and maintain project budget.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities except to manage project installation with supervision of vendors and contractors as required for successful install. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to generate drawings using AutoCAD and proficient with computers to generate spreadsheets, reports, and general correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering discipline drawings.
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; or Associate’s degree in a technical field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Travel Required
Less than 25%, possible to other plant location.