You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Crater I (1st Shift)
Responsible for preparing and packaging large and heavy products or fragile apparatus for shipment.
- Construct non-standard boxes, crates, or skids for domestic or foreign shipments
- Select materials for packing or protection of the product and the method of bracing or blocking to prevent shifting while in transit
- Check against bills of material to ensure that all components are included
- Assemble orders, counts, weighs, moves, or directs movement to the designated floor location using hand trucks, pallet jacks, or hoists
- Record date and quantity, method of shipment, and verifies by signing initials
- Mark order number on crates or packages with sales order number Reports shortages or errors
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of basic crating tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to safely use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to safely use table and band saws
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate measuring
- High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 0-1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Assembly And Installation
- Packaging And Processing Duties
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: AC04-13318_2415210
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.