To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Dolco Packaging
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Manager I
Dolco Packaging • Wenatchee, WA
Posted 2 months ago
Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy
What is the position where you can add value?
We are actively recruiting for a Production Manager for our Wenatchee, WA plant location within our Dolco Packaging Division of Tekni-Plex.
In this role you will directly and indirectly supervise management and non-management employees in Production/Manufacturing. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Duties:
- Day-to-day management and supervision of all Production areas including Extrusion, Thermoforming, and Printing. Develop, review, update and implement Production Control procedures.
- Maintain day-to-day communications with Plant Manager concerning daily operations.
- Coordinate all R&D and trial materials and process flows.
- Work with Materials Management to review and update controls for inventory functions with periodic cycle counts of inventories; determine correctness of physical and perpetual inventory; develop formulas for control of min-max inventories; maintain weekly perpetual inventory of material movement (as appropriate).
- Establish whether production dates can be met, or what can be done to meet them. Forecast future requirements for production and assist in scheduling processes as necessary.
- Monitor scrap removal and reduction programs. Report material losses on a monthly basis.
- Manage employee performance and prepare performance evaluations. Review employee performance periodically and in an objective fact based manner.
- Responsible for the training and development of personnel.
- Withhold product that does not meet requirements.
- Maintain files for late Production Identification.
- Develop formulas for issuing of Production Reports.
- Schedule staffing and follow up on timely completion work output.
- Interact and communicate with the Sales & Customer Service Departments on current running jobs.
- Ensures that data collection/reporting activities within the Plant are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Generate reports based on production performance that align with site, BU and corporate KPI's
- Works closely with R&D Engineers and QA in the development and implementation of Statistical Process Control.
- Facilitates team improvement projects such as, but not limited to:
- Safety awareness and system improvement
- Increases in efficiency: i. Changeover time reduction
ii. Increased run speeds
iii. Capital improvements
3. Quality improvement- implementation of Statistical Process Control & Waste Reduction.
- Work with QC Manager and Warehouse Manager on new products, samples and issue resolution.
- Actively participates and encourages direct reports to participate in root cause investigations and process improvement teams.
- Fills in for Plant Manager as needed.
- Capable of working various shifts as well as weekends as necessary.
- Interfaces with Maintenance Manager and Supervisor to ensure the integrity of equipment and reliability are maintained
- Has responsibility for the quality of all products and processes
- Adheres to all Quality System and GMP requirements and ensures all reports also comply with these same systems
- Promotes worker safety by:
- Constantly accessing job requirements and addresses possible job hazards by either eliminating the hazard or through implementing a requirement for PPE.
- Audits employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines.
- Lead daily and weekly shift safety meetings, drive floor level safety compliance and implement safety initiatives.
- Participates actively on the plant-wide safety teams.
Actively assesses activities on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Stressing safe working practices as a condition of employment to associates.
- Assisting in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and guidelines, as well as housekeeping audits and surveys.
- Participating actively on the plant-wide safety team.
- Ensuring the housekeeping in the immediate and surrounding work area is maintained or improved to the highest level possible.
- Ensures Quality products and processes are maintained by:
- Understanding and supporting both quality policies and the Quality System.
- Performing work at a level that ensures quality of this positions work meets or exceeds internal and external customer specifications.
- Identifying and correcting if possible any identified quality issues both in the department and plant as a whole.
- Participating in system or quality based training provided by the company or recommended by the company
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement process (CIP) and Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) by:
- Identifying and addressing any opportunities to reduce cost, improve product/process and/or improve overall operations
- Participating and facilitating problem solving teams to eliminate problems, streamline operations or other areas as defined by management
- Participating in MOS training and exercises designed to expand the potential for continuous improvement and standardize operations.
- Facilitate and promote the use of the TWI training method across the facility.
Non-Essential Job Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .
Job Qualifications, Equipment and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Engineering) or 3-5 years demonstrated work equivalent.
- Demonstrated team facilitation skills and success in implementing process improvements in conjunction with employee work teams.
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of Statistical Process Control techniques within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be computer literate and demonstrate capability in working with Excel spread sheets.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, and in groups, under normal and stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, select, train and instruct personnel. Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making skills, sound judgment and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
Language Skills: Must proficiently speak, read and write English with excellent communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.