To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45249
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Specialist
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Accounts Payable Specialist in Cincinnati, Ohio (OH).
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be asked to perform accounting and clerical tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices and verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices and receiving signatures
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices
- Review invoices and purchase orders for satisfactory payment approval
- Prepare vouchers listing invoices number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures
- Distribute signed checks as requested
- Act as the middleman between locations and corporate payable departments
- Answer vendor questions and inquiries
- Maintain spreadsheets, all accounts payable reports and corporate accounts payable files
- Assist in monthly and year-end closings
- Prepare analysis of accounts when required
- Verify entries and compare system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts centers by analyzing invoice cum expense reports
- Prepare checks for distribution/mailing
- Pay employees after verifying and receiving expense reports
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting and verifying account transactions
- Maintain historical records by filing and scanning documents
- Associates degree, Accounting
- 0 - 2 years of experience in the field or a related field
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software, Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and GAAP accounting
- Organization and prioritizations skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, problem solving and ability to complete work on schedule
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.