To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Vernon, IN 47620
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GAF Materials Corporation • Mount Vernon, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for a Maintenance Coordinator for our asphalt-shingle manufacturing plant located in Mt. Vernon, IN. The Maintenance Coordinator will develop detailed job plans including the labor (type and quantity), materials, tools, and work procedures for repairs, alterations, and preventative maintenance for the facility and all types of equipment. The position is responsible for the short and long term scheduling of all maintenance activities. Responsible for balancing priorities, manpower, material, and equipment availability to develop department and individual work schedules.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare daily work schedules for the Supervisor, and up to 21 Maintenance Technicians. Lead the scheduling of down days and non-down days.
- Supervise contractors and fill in as Maintenance Supervisor as necessary
- 15% Manage and maintain the Work Flow process (work identifications, planning, scheduling, execution, and auditing.
- Lead the Maintenance Planner and Storeroom Attendant
- Develop detailed job plans including the labor (type and quantity), materials, tools, work procedures for repairs, alterations, and preventative maintenance to facilities and equipment to meet the objectives of the work request.
- Set-up and maintain any Preventative Maintenance work order established in Maximo.
- Generate purchase requests for non-stocked parts and tools to support the planned jobs.
- Responsible for developing cost estimates, tracking spending vs. budget, and performance KPI’s for Maintenance.
- Maximo Systems Administration including providing plant support and training, updating equipment hierarchies, PM generation, and Generates performance reports.
- Capital request preparation, installation, start-up/checkout/debugging, and cost controls of assigned projects.
• Computer software and personal computers are required
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work under limited supervision
• Excellent organization and scheduling skills
• Ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs. Work on elevated open grating.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Occasionally operate business machines.
• Must have High School diploma or a GED equivalent
• Technical school training/diploma/certification preferred
• 3-5 years of plant specific maintenance experience
Direct reports: Hourly Planner, Storeroom Attendant
Indirect reports: Maintenance Technicians
Budget Responsibility: Manage Capital Projects that are championed
Travel Requirements: <10%