$60000.00 to $70000.00 yearly
If you possess strong communication skills and the desire to advance your career, this position may be for you. As a Payroll Administrator for one of our Construction/Contractor clients, you would help the Payroll department succeed. Based in the Beltsville, Maryland area, this position would be needed on a full-time basis. Entering data, reconciling timecards, distributing paychecks, and providing statements to various departments are among the duties of the position. Strong communication skills and effective collaboration with internal team members and outside customers are needed.
- Fill in data into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Contact employees via email and phone to obtain timesheet approvals
- Make reports easily accessible by administer/saving them as instructed
- Assist in office efficiency by carrying out clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintain payroll operations by training/instructing employees in the proper use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
- Generate and run custom reports
- Bilingual (Spanish) - Must Have
- Sage 300 experience - Must Have
- Multi-state payroll experience preferred
- Payroll tax experience
- Strong familiarity with payroll systems for 100-500 employees
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Adeptness in benefits payroll
- 3+ years of previous payroll experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new systems
- Strong communication and social skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Distribute Payroll Check
Maintain Payroll Record