You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Manufacturing/ Process Improvement Engineer
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Performs research, design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment. ?
- Leads Process Improvement projects in support of Kentucky Operations’ continuous improvement plan.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops, implements, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended safe manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for safety, quality, and efficiency improvement.
- Maintain routings in the ERP system to ensure accurate costing of manufacturing goods.
- Determine root causes to eliminate safety and quality issues in the manufacturing process.
- Develop best practices for manufacturing methods and standardize across all sites.
- Work closely with quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and equipment.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
- Participate in and/or lead insource versus outsource analysis.
- Create and update work instructions to document manufacturing methods.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractors and their processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Consults with: This position will work with Ancra Cargo Operations, Safety, and Engineering personnel at all sites, as well as with some suppliers.
Years of Experience Required: 2 – 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2D/3D CAD Experience
- Metal Machining Experience
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement processes
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and organized
- Must be able to prioritize and balance workloads and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team setting and as a member of a cross-functional team
- 3d Model
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: ge594af
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.