As a member of the Prepared Foods team, you’ll service customers, fill orders and ensure everyone has the freshest products available at our salad bar, sandwich area, hot foods and beverage bar. You’ll also get full training and have the chance to assist customers in other areas of the store including, but not limited to, the Deli and Meat Departments.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety Experience
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their expectations.
- Learn about products in the store in order to answer questions and make suggestions to customers that enhance their shopping experience.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner, everywhere in the store.
- Handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the prepared foods cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed.
- Record special orders on prepared foods products accurately to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining the efficiency of the prepared foods cooler and freezer by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other departments as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Team Working