Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! URL blocked - click to apply
The HVAC System Engineer is responsible for the execution of the design and development of Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning systems and controls for passenger rail transit vehicles. The HVAC System Engineers are assigned the title of Project Engineer for the projects they are responsible for effecting.
The primary objectives of this position are to develop the HVAC systems on-time for the awarded projects, within the approved budget, and specification compliant while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction minimizing or mitigating risks. In addition, they are also responsible for generating the technical proposals, which includes estimating the material and labor cost the HVAC bid process.
The Project Engineer is the primary technical contact with the customer and is responsible for the overall HVAC system design, including calculations, integration, testing, commissioning and support to the MNA customer training department. The HVAC systems engineer is responsible for the HVAC load calculations and selecting the major components of the system. They develop project design engineering schedules and ensure the progress of the detail design development meets the project requirements, while ensuring specification compliance, or approval of waivers.
- Review customer specifications.
- Perform system performance calculations.
- Prepare technical proposals.
- Develop system specifications and special test equipment requirements
- Develop and update system refrigeration schematics.
- Create and update system bill of materials, and provide costing estimates per system bill of materials.
- Development of component specifications/requirements.
- Monitor/assure specification compliance.
- Provide customer “feedback” to design engineers and marketing.
- Develop and manage project technical schedules
- Identify component level tasks and responsibilities, and guide/direct/monitor individuals as necessary.
- Support the MNA Customer Training department
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety & environmental rules and regulations.
Required SkillsRequired Experience
- Broad experience and good theoretical knowledge of engineering principles
- HVAC Software Related Experience
- Good Business Sense
- Industry Experience
- Process Orientation
- Computer Literacy
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Professional Writing
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience
- Years of experience: 2
Preferred Education and Experience
- Years of experience: 5
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous experience in HVAC railway business.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area, including international and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development