Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
United Design (part of UnitedHealth Group and Optum) is on a mission to create a healthier world, one person at a time. We believe this begins with innovative design thinking and technology aimed at delivering experiences that will make healthcare simpler, equitable and more effective. And dare we say even enjoyable.
We are seeking a highly engaged and fiercely empathetic Principal Service Designer/Design Strategist to join our Managing Expenses Design Studio. The studio focuses on reimagining the way our members and consumers understand, prepare and manage healthcare expenses. In this role, you will work closely with various studio disciplines, design leadership, product and business stakeholders to develop and translate the product strategy into a compelling design vision.
Come and join a team of more than 450+ motivated and fun-loving UX designers, researchers, strategists, service designers, content strategists, accessibility specialists and front-end engineers who are on a mission to improve healthcare experiences for everyone.
United Design is inspired to recruit talent from diverse backgrounds for every level and discipline and appreciate that we will better serve our membership when we grow a team that better represents everyone. We invite you to apply if you are looking to do your life's best work with some of the brightest minds in the healthcare and design industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Immerse yourself into ambiguous spaces and be able to articulate clear problem statements from your discovery
- Collaborate with journey and product owners to translate business goals into design vision, UX strategy, and UX tactics
- Understand technical constraints and capabilities and what their impact means for the design and user experience
- Develop and conduct or facilitate a variety of research and design thinking methods to identify business processes and opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Envision end to end experiences across people, process, data and technology
- Be a highly influential partner in the creation, alignment and prioritization of the UX and journey roadmaps
- Support and contribute to the development of our success criteria within the journey and studio space
- Delegate projects and tasks to other studio members based on the needs of the roadmap and active studio workstreams
- Continually advocate for cross-functional and cross-studio collaboration to ensure consumers are provided with solutions that are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, personal, simple and clear
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of experience in service design, user research, design strategy, human-centered design, or design thinking tools and methods
- 4+ years of working with cross functional stakeholders including Technology, Product, Operations, Business, Analytics, Voice of the Customer, etc.
- 4+ years of incorporating user feedback in the design process (user research, NPS, Voice of the customer)
- 4+ years of experience presenting and facilitating to stakeholders (up to executive level leadership)
- 3+ years of designing for omni and/or cross-channel experiences
- 3+ years of working with design, research and collaboration tools such as Miro and Figma
- 2+ years of experience providing direction to other UX designers, researchers, and writers on a project
- Demonstrated exceptional time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Proven knowledge of social impact, healthcare, collaboration and learning
- Degree or certifications in Human Centered Design or other related area
- Proven experience establishing and implementing service design best practices within an organization or team
- Experience in driving change in a large, complex matrixed environment even amid ambiguous circumstances
- Experience in healthcare
- Proven experience with action and innovative big-picture thinking while improving processes and optimizing operations
- Demonstrated exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide portfolio of authored research artifacts for review
- Ability to establish, support or leverage data and analytics to inform analysis and key decision-making
- Experience with Agile product development
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.