Mexichem is a leading provider of products and solutions across multiple sectors from petrochemical to construction, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, telecom and energy, among others. It is one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide and one of the largest chemical and petrochemical companies in Latin America.
Built upon a global footprint, it employs over 19,000 people in more than 30 countries where it holds over 120 production plants, 2 fluorite mines, 6 training academies and 16 research and development laboratories and generates more than US$5.6 billion per year. With over 50 years of history and more than 30 years trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexichem has a business model of vertical integration and strategic acquisitions, which derives in exclusive access to raw materials, proprietary technology and global competitiveness. The position belongs to Mexichem's Dura-Line brand.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt is responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of the Six Sigma system and principles. The incumbent is a change agent in the advancement of the lean and six sigma data based culture within Dura-Line North America Operations. This position must be able to provide influence leadership to motivate team members and other personnel and to collaboratively provide tools and techniques to enable success in accomplishment of business priorities. Additional responsibilities include their full involvement in the development and implementation of condition monitoring technologies and various other Industry 4.0 applications.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develops, implements and sustains process improvement initiatives utilizing appropriate Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Defines, designs and implements continuous improvement programs that are integrated vertically and horizontally across the organization.
- Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies.
- Analyzes improvement projects and potential results
- Facilitates improvement teams including the establishment of performance metrics to measure project success.
- Lead cross-functional process improvement projects focused on impactful results against business priorities.
- Present Continuous Improvement projects and status effectively to all levels of management.
- Be a member of the team that will design and implement world-class condition monitoring systems.
- Coach other practitioners on their CI development path.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience on machine application, maintenance & engineering, reliability engineering and condition monitoring of machines.
- Familiarity with factory automation systems strongly preferred.
- Proven experience with problem solving & process improvement methodologies and associated tools.
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, strong presentation skills, and the ability to set priorities and maintain organization as well as successfully drive others to complete priorities
- Excellent knowledge of organizational methods and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have Black Belt and Lean Certification.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business from an accredited four year college / university OR equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interface up and down the chain of command from shop floor to Executives.
- Office and manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Mexichem offers a broad range of value added ingredients and finished products that contribute to customers’ success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Mexichem delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance