You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Copy & Editorial Manager (2 Roles - FL and KFL)
We have 2 open Copy & Editorial Manager roles open. One for our Foot Locker Banner and one for our Kids Foot Locker Banner. You will be responsible for all editorial for (FL/KFL) managing and (constantly evolving) the “voice of the brand”, meeting brand standards, driving persuasive tone and executing copy needs across all stages of brand building, product demand and ad hoc brief intake. We’re looking for best in class copy-writing that adds value, whether that be through wit or utility, which truly masters saying less, when in fact we say much more.
You must be highly motivated, organized, detail-oriented and creative. You have to be able to efficiently work from a creative brief to execute memorable content across a variety of omni-channel media. Being wired for “social/digital-first” and having a deep understanding of our brands across each marketing experience is important. You will also manage the editorial calendars across the banners, working with all components of brand marketing to ensure we have channel-right messaging across the omni ecosystem.
- Create, proof and provide approvals on marketing copy for:
- Brand campaigns – concepts & copy toolkit
- Web – homepage graphics, buttons, asp, landing pages, product detail
- Email – marketing promotions and offers
- Digital Marketing – paid media assets, yext refresh
- App – message center, SMS/MMS, app store, push
- Social media assets
- Create and optimize copy and ensure successful integration grammatically across all marketing channels according to brand standards
- Oversee product demand tickets and ad hoc requests, manage external vendor
- Develop and refine copy guidelines and conduct thorough analysis and copy testing for effectiveness
- Collaborate cross-functionally to adapt and extend assets to all relevant touchpoints and channels (JIRA workflow)
- Conduct “always on” gathering of insights from all stakeholders (vendors, buyers, influencers, media) to ensure output is contextually relevant.
- Operationalize and distribute assets within external PM systems.
- Review market research, trend reports and customer muse updates to keep authentically connected to tone of voice and brand identity principles. Identifies and recommends process improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Translation and SEO guidance needed on an ad hoc basis
- BA/BS (or equivalent degree) in communications, with a concentration in liberal arts or a marketing-related field preferred
- Technical and sharp creative writing, editorial, and grammatical ability, specifically in the context of youth lifestyle
- Advanced interpersonal and professional communications capability
- Highly effective at prioritizing projects based on production deadlines and brand importance
- Minimum 3+ years relevant brand, retail marketing, creative agency, freelance or media editorial copywriting is required
- Portfolio of copy work required for consideration: should demonstrate examples used for all consumer touch points
- Agency or Retail experience highly preferred
- App Store (Ios)
- Attention To Detail
- Banner Advertisement
- Business Marketing
- Business Process Improvement
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5u96t0
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.