Facility: ADELANTO ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position diagnoses and treats acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. In addition, it may focus on health promotion and disease prevention; order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as laboratory work and x- rays; and prescribe medication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine medical examinations on inmates or detainees under established guidelines.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic conditions.
- Provides medical treatment and services consistent with the provision of basic health care services in conjunction with a physician.
- Formulates comprehensive plans and prognosis based on the patient’s health conditions.
- Prescribes medication dosages, routes, and frequencies based on patients' characteristics such as age and gender.
- Orders, performs, or interprets the results of diagnostic tests such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Analyzes and interprets patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Develops treatment plans based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Documents all provided services in the patient’s medical record.
- Diagnoses or treats acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, and injuries.
- Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances.
- Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Detects and responds to adverse drug reactions.
- Educates patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses, tailoring instructions to patients' individual circumstances.
- Diagnoses or treats chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Maintains complete and detailed records of patients' health care plans and prognoses.
- Provides patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Treats or refers patients for primary care conditions such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Diagnoses or treats complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Consults with or refers patients to appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Reads current literature, talk with colleagues, and participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
- Recommends diagnostic or therapeutic interventions with attention to safety, cost, invasiveness, simplicity, acceptability, adherence, and efficacy.
- Schedules follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate health or illness care.
- Supervises or coordinate patient care or support staff activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of state legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice including reimbursement of services.
- Performs primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking cultures, and debriding wounds.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures in areas such as safety and infection control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.