HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in data management and analytics as an Analytics Manager in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Analytics Manager position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. During the first year, data managers are provided formal internal training on an assortment of healthcare-related topics.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan.
The Analytics Manager position is a key contributor to cutting-edge data science work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, the Analytics Manager is a key contributor to cutting edge data management work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. The Analytics Manager will support extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes, testing and validation of processed data, and tracking and reporting testing results in support of HSAG activities. This position is responsible for working with the Data Science & Advanced Analytics (DSAA) team, and clients to achieve corporate, department, and project goals and objectives. Primary duties include data collection, processing, initial validation, document creation and maintenance, in addition to notification management. Duties would also include the development of project work plans and project documentation. The Analytics Manager serves as an internal and external liaison for data management and support activities by monitoring data status and customer issues, and providing technical assistance.
The Analytics Manager will work with a wide array of healthcare data types, including but not limited to:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of DSAA leadership, develop, improve, and implement solutions and documentation related to data management activities currently in use and to be developed in support of HSAG activities.
- Prepare and deliver documentation and technical support to corporate staff and HSAG clients, managed care organizations, and their contractors regarding data gathering or dissemination activities.
- Document internal policies, procedures, and quality control processes that ensure complete, accurate, and secure data is available for applications and DSAA analysts.
- Document internal policies, procedures, and quality control processes that ensure complete, accurate, and secure data meet customer requirements.
- Research customer issues and provide data support services.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing process.
- Responsible for documentation related to key deliverables and support documentation for assigned contracts and projects.
- Accountable for ensuring completion of assigned tasks according to contract specifications and ensuring that completed tasks meet client and budget requirements.
- Provide testing, documentation, and support for the database and project design, data collection and management, monitoring, and report preparation for assigned projects.
- Assure timely and high-quality contract deliverables and be accountable for the development and adherence to project time and task schedules for assigned projects.
- Troubleshoot with other HSAG departments on project activities, when necessary.
- Maintain flexibility to assist and support all department activities as necessary.
- Act as a contact for the data management and documentation support.
- Keep abreast of changes in testing technologies and environments, database structures and current analytic methodologies, and communicate this information to peers and others within the company.