We are currently seeking an Installer IV for a rare DIRECT HIRE opportunity with our client in North Texas!
The Level IV installer will perform a wide variety of field activities ranging from intermediate to advanced system work including installing, maintaining and servicing telecommunication equipment for a variety of carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead various types of installation projects
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Install Frame and rack builds
- Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission; Use a
variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures Lacing, stitching, sewing cables
- Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, inverters, converters, raycaps and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks
- Terminate cables using RJ45 connectors
- Clean and scope fiber connectors, Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment (ex: OTDR)
- Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems, and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
- Complete detailed documents of work performed and provide daily status updates
- Ability to serve as the installation in-charge person
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- The Installer should possess a clear understanding of Central Office Installation / CO Installation and Quality Standards contained in AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcorida GR-1275, AT&T TP76300 and/or Verizon IP72202 Iss 5-1 core standards.
- Familiar with AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcordia GR1275 and Verizon IP72202 installation standards.
- Experience with major carriers like AT&T, Verizon
- Experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, Coriant hiT 7300, Cisco ASR, etc.
- Secondary power experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Proficient using various computer equipment such as laptops, tablets, etc. as well as knowledgeable with various software platforms
- While the bulk of the current work is in North Texas and Oklahoma - Installers must be willing and available to travel away from home for several weeks at a time (up to 75%)
- Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school
- Central Office / CO Installer Experience REQUIRED - Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer and 6+ years overall experience
- Computer Equipment
- Computing Platforms
- Conflict Management