At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Structured Origination Analyst is responsible for analysis, research, and transactional support for bilateral and RFP origination activity to support the company's wind, solar, energy storage asset development growth and existing structured products portfolio.
Structured origination products include renewable portfolio PPAs, load following and carbon free energy solutions, 24/7 carbon-free energy solutions, and more traditional PPAs, VPPAs or other financial and physical instruments.
Reporting to the Director of Structured Origination, this position will work closely with the entire origination team as well as the commercial and development teams in the AES Clean Energy business. The position will enjoy extensive opportunity to learn renewable origination in a variety of North American markets, as well as gain general energy market knowledge and transactional experience.Main Responsibilities
- Support the sourcing, negotiation, and execution of long-term power sale agreements with customers to facilitate the development of renewable assets, energy storage, while meeting customers' needs for sustainability and carbon free goals
- Prepare proposals and presentation materials for customers for both RFP processes as well as bilateral negotiations.
- Build and manage relationships with new and existing customers
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Commercial, Development, Finance, Engineering, and other departments to deliver required deliverables for Structured PPA transactions
- Prepare internal and external memos and presentations
- Keep abreast of renewable energy opportunities and national trends impacting the future of renewable development opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers
- Support the development of uniform and consistent deal processes across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, sciences, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of US energy markets
- Understanding of renewable generation technology including wind, solar, and battery storage
- Solid commercial mindset & ability to balance customer and business needs
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with high level attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Solid Microsoft Office 365 knowledge including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Customer Relationship Management