JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for entry-level duties such as fuel/wash tractors and trailers, fuel island inspections, and if needed, picks up parts. At times this position is used for McLane Teammates who are in CDL Training classes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Ensure that Division procedures are followed and a safe working environment is attained.
- Maintain a quality of work, which ensures the tractor/trailer fleet, is properly maintained.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Yard Driver and Transportation Shop to ensure trailers are properly cleaned, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Annotate any maintenance issues and give to shop mechanics.
- Fuel all division tractors and trailer refrigeration unit tanks.
- Wash division tractors and trailers, and facilities (when required).
- Ensure that the fuel island is clean and safe.
- Ensure proper warning signs are in place where required on the Fuel Island.
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with the Division Transportation Department’s time schedule to ensure dispatch times can be met.
- Checks and adds oil to tractors as necessary.
- Checks tire pressure and fills tires with air as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Pass drug screen, Functional Capacity Test, and background check.
- Be able to drive semi tractors and understand air brake operations.
- Be able to climb, reach, bend, crawl, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to read and understand related written instruction and has a basic mechanical aptitude.
- Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules, and insure punctuality and attendance within company standards.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to walk, stand, and sit over the period of their shift.
- The position is 100% outside and can be subject to varying temperatures depending on the climate.
- There can also be some rare chemical contact due to product residue that may be in the trailers.
- This position works closely with Transportation Department management and other teammates to complete assigned tasks.
- Insufficient equipment, tracking down specific tractors and/or trailers in the yard, and working in extreme temperatures are all challenges faced with this position.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Oil And Gas