Material Handlers are responsible to receive and inspect all goods and materials, both raw material and finished goods.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform departmental activities per standard operating procedures.
- Unload trucks and place in staging area.
- Receive raw material and verify against packing slip. Accurately code received goods to proper account
- Supply material as needed and/or requested to the production line and other departments.
- Assist in preparation for, and completion of cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Keep all parts in area of responsibility adequately stocked at all times. Communicate to supervisor or Purchasing Department when materials/supplies are running low.
- Remove waste from production lines. Weigh and record waste.
- Deliver non-inventory items to all areas of organization.
- Process defective or discrepant material.
- Generate bar code labels as required.
- Reflect Milgard business values and the Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures related to all facets of job.
- Proper usage of personal protective equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
Previous receiving/handling experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain certification required.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
- Clean Motor Vehicle History
- Must be 21 or over
- Compute basic math problems to include fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Steel Toed Shoes required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
- Compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate personnel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
Milgard Manufacturing IncorporatedShift
Shift 1 (United States of America)Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Complying With Procedures