Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading international law firms firm with over 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Professional Development Specialist reporting to the Senior Manager of Professional Development.
This position can reside in either the Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco or Boston offices and provides project management and analytical support to the firm’s Professional Development Department, including the Sr. Director of Associate Talent and the Senior Manager of Professional Development by participating in the overall strategy, planning, coordination and administration of the firm’s attorney development initiatives, policies, programs, and functions.
- Supporting the professional development process, which includes creating and publishing training calendar and drafting related communication materials;
- Under direction, analyzing internal training programs including practice group focused training; making recommendations on programs and resources where appropriate; researching and customizing new learning solutions including instructor-led, online learning, and on-the-job learning; preparing reports and recommendations for continuation, modification, or termination of programs;
- Working with the Professional Development senior leadership, Practice Groups and Practice Group Training Partners to ensure consistent and comprehensive practice-based training to all Practice Group associates in each office;
- Working with the Professional Development team to support local office personnel responsible for CLE accreditation of Practice Group and office programs, including submission of applications for accreditation, collection and maintenance of feedback forms, and preparation and distribution of CLE Certificates of Attendance for Practice Group and Office training;
- Collaborating with Firm Director and Professional Development team on the Mentoring Program;
- Working with the Professional Development team to provide input into the design, development and maintenance of the Firm’s Professional Development management systems, including but not limited to, assignment portals and associate dashboards, SharePoint and viLMS;
- Assisting to monitor the Professional Development budget and expenses;
- Providing support to Associate Talent Team for firm wide initiatives;
- Maintaining relationships and communicating with consultants and outside vendors as necessary;
- Developing and maintaining expertise for the Firm, including an understanding of innovative attorney training programming and curriculum; and
- Providing administrative support to Firm and Office Committees as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum three years of experience in a large or mid-sized law firm or professional services environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Client-service oriented.
- Clear and effective communication through a variety of channels – in person, in writing, and on the phone; comfortable with public speaking.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and sense of logic.
- Technically savvy with agility to learn new systems.
- Ability to work in teams and independently in a challenging environment, adapt to change, and balance multiple priorities.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Provide Actionable Feedback