Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is an opportunity to be a member of a team that will help develop, test, and enhance the latest wireless communications systems for the U.S. military. The successful candidate will be a member of the U.S. Government's most successful and dynamic software radio laboratory teams and will provide critical support to the advancement of technology that ensures success to our military forces. SRC is seeking dynamic and motivated team members to join us in this critical effort.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technology available. This will be a multi-year long term project conducted in a top notch facility in which you will be at the forefront of defining new technology for Navy Defense.
This position is located in the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR) -- Atlantic, which is in the Charleston, SC metropolitan area. Charleston has been repeatedly been lauded as one of the best cities in the country for its history, culture, food, and recreational opportunities.
The employee will fill the technical position of Senior Systems Analyst on a Software Defined Radio Solutions (SDRS) program in Charleston S.C. supporting the SDRS Integrated Project Team (IPT) at SPAWAR Systems Center - Atlantic. The position involves the configuration, maintenance, and utilization of an advanced laboratory network in the testing of military SDR systems. The lab has over 30 switches enabling multiple VLANs to allow the VM cluster to support up to 116 individual test beds with up to 4 unique VLANs each. Additionally there are 16 routers to verify compliance with RFC standards and to enable virtualizing external connections. There are also fiber ties to the other labs in the complex and a larger backup/datastore array that gets synced with as needed.
• Support research and development of new military communications networks utilizing Software Defined Networking (SDN) concepts
• Configuration and testing of hardware and software for compliance with requirements and performance/capability
• Verification of releases and bug fixes
• Development of new tests to find fault or showcase features
• Creation of use cases and guidance for how the system should be used and integrated
• Design of configurations for different environments
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of network theory including common concepts of IP, routing, and the OSI model
• Experience configuring Cisco and Juniper switches and routers; and also with routing protocols
• Knowledge of SDN theory, techniques, and practices
• Experience with Linux and Windows Server
• Utilization of Spirent, MGEN and NetRAT tools to generate custom traffic profiles and record results
• Experience with maintaining and debugging networking test equipment including switches, routers, and traffic generators
• Ability to effectively communicate via oral and written communications with senior management and technical staff
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Familiarity with military radio systems is a significant advantage
• Familiarity with VMware vSphere, vCenter, and VSAN. Should be comfortable creating new virtual machines, virtual networks, deploying templates, and general vCenter management
• Experience with other virtualization technologies
• Knowledge of basic wireless communications concepts including basic RF theory
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Public Key Infrastructure