The Manager of Supply Chain Services leads a department whose mission is to yield significant organizational value in the area of decision making through the application of advanced analytics, risk management and mitigation, information governance, and auditable controls for all of the Company’s U.S. Tower division’s spending that’s managed through the Supply Chain department. The Manager supports strategic objectives set by the department and Sourcing team peers, establishes policies and procedures, maintains the quality of spend data, and delivers consistent tools, processes, and data analytics to all of Supply Chain and across the U.S. Tower division. The incumbent acts as liaison with Sourcing and Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Real Estate and Facilities to drive business program management and implementation support for new initiatives and protocols. The Manager collaborates with Legal, Finance, IT, and Operations teams to establish standards for shared work streams, data, and management of interrelated processes.
The Manager of Supply Chain Services works with the Senior Director to create and manage a strategic roadmap for Supply Chain and with key internal stakeholders across the organization to centralize operational support. The Manager works directly with Reporting and System Administration teams to prioritize department needs and maintain a comprehensive development roadmap. The incumbent will be accountable for data analytics, onboarding and ongoing administration of vendors, developing and enhancing training and quality programs, developing and enhancing Supply Chain processes, procedures, and policies, and the ongoing testing and audit of data to ensure compliance.
- Lead and develop a team focused on providing centralized services to and support for Supply Chain; develop rules of engagement for the team and create clear expectations about performance, service delivery, project management, and fiduciary protocols; coach the team on developing consistent feedback tools, communication, and vendor management protocols.
- Create and implement initiatives against the strategic vision; communicate and facilitate with Supply Chain leadership to prepare operational readiness for technology, processes, and data management.
- Drive operational efficiency and process improvements both within designated functional area and in partnership with key internal business leaders.
- Use data, statistical, and quantitative analyses, explanatory and predictive modeling, and fact-based management to drive decision-making.
- Advance technology roadmaps that incorporate operational objectives and business needs; maintain and modify as business changes.
- Develop and implement a quality audit strategy for vendor compliance; manage departmental audits to test controls.
- Administer and monitor the buyer’s workbench and overall order management in adherence with governance rules, policy, and defined business processes.
- Lead a team focused on streamlining new vendor onboarding and running ongoing vendor performance measurements and creating vendor risk profiles.
- Document relevant processes, including detailed technical procedures, process maps, and work instructions; consistently update these to account for ongoing changes.
- Facilitate collaboration across all Supply Chain functions to prioritize improvement opportunities; sustain trust of and commitment from all Supply Chain leaders.
- Partner with the System Administrator to prioritize, design, test, and project manage system enhancements and features.
- Partner with Financial Reporting to define the scope of reports, prioritize requests, and align the rest of Supply Chain with the methodology and schema.
- Oversee overall order management within the U.S. Tower division; develop action plans required to address the root cause of financial risks; lead execution of those plans by all Buyers, Senior Buyers, Buyer Planners, and Senior Buyer Planners.
- Matrix manage people, projects, and programs across the organization while ensuring strong participation and contribution from business leaders.
- Develop qualitative and quantitative measures of productivity, quality control, and workload performance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and manage the performance of five to six individual contributors, including Analysts, Senior Analysts, a Vendor Compliance Specialist, and a Senior Specialist, as well as employees focused on internal audit, controls, business processes, and user experience.
- Create strong, collaborative team environment.
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management, Recruiting, and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and tools and a strong ability to translate business needs into requirements.
- Strong knowledge of process/procedure development and documentation.
- Demonstrated success at identifying and synthesizing needs into a concise, clear, and influential presentation, with a focus on consistent and concise message delivery; can teach others how to do so as well.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, high volume environment.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making during key negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, Communications, Supply Chain, or a related area required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related data analytics and process management experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience required.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of telecommunications industry experience preferred.
Approximately 95% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Process Improvements (Business)
Process Management (Business)