To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Business Development Manager
MarketStar • Herndon, VA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Government Business Development Manager
The Government Business Development Manager (GBDM) will provide on-site, dedicated support to sales reps with multiple direct marketing resellers (DMR’s), help the manufacturer team achieve revenue and market share goals, drive the manufacturer message down to the account rep level, and track and assist in closing opportunities. As part of the pre-sales team, the support representative will act as the first point-of-contact for reps on manufacturer questions and opportunities. The ideal candidate self-reliant, adaptable, decisive and professional.
Key Responsibilities & Attributes for Success:
• Provide answers to pre-sales technical questions for distribution account managers and customers.
• Stimulate reps to quote the manufacturer more frequently.
• Manage bid requests through the manufacturer bid system.
• Follow up on quotes and bid opportunities
• Promote the use of manufacturer and distribution tools including online training, bid desk, trade-in programs, value-add promotions and other sales incentive programs
• Provide regular feedback on effectiveness of tools
• Submit weekly/monthly reports on the state of the business
• Conduct training for reps on Client products
• Help team conduct manufacturer events, floor days and table tops
• Increase overall Client brand awareness
• Assist Client Account Manager in retiring quota via assigned Partner Account Managers
• Preferably have existing relationships at DMR/NSP partners
What’s required to be considered:
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree in business or a related field preferred
• Two or more years' Channel sales experience
• Two or more years’ Mobility sales experience
• Two or more years of Government sales experience
• Can speak intelligently to federal, state, and local government contracts with regards to purchasing schedules and securing business
• Six or more months' experience conducting small group presentations or training
• Solid understanding of distribution and the ability to learn quickly
• Time management and organization skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
How to apply (and what to expect):
• All applicants must apply online or send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
• All new hires must a pass pre-employment background check and drug screen (upon job offer)
As the pioneer of Sales as a Service™, MarketStar accelerates revenue with B2B Direct and Partner sales programs. MarketStar has launched, sold and supported thousands of products and services on behalf of the biggest and brightest companies across the globe. MarketStar is part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), and is headquartered in Ogden, Utah.
Our Health & Welfare Benefit plan provides full medical and dental benefits, as well disability and supplemental life insurance to employees, their spouses and domestic partners (same or opposite gender) and children. We also help you with your future with several 401k retirement programs.
MarketStar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MarketStar does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where MarketStar does business.